Jump to navigation Jump to search
- The transfection is the process of inserting a plasmid inside a bacteria. Several types of bacteria can be used as host for the plasmid and will usually express the information contained in this plasmid afterwards.
Electro competent way
- Here the bacteria is inserted with the plasmid inside a cuvette. The cuvette will be added to an electroporator and an electric current will be applied tearing holes in the bacteria forcing the plasmid inside.
- The bacteria is transferred to an aliquot and the medium is added for it to recover in a heat-shaker.
- The voltage is usually 1700V but can vary depending on the bacteria you use.
Chemo competent way
- !!! HAS TO BE CORRECTED ON DRAWING AND TEXT HAS TO BE ADDED !!!