Difference between revisions of "Logo"
|Line 93:||Line 93:|
[https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1jaPHOkH_42bVNLUW5tQktSQlk/view?usp=sharing The final product (vector graphics version) YOU CAN DOWNLOAD THEM HERE!]
[https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1jaPHOkH_42bVNLUW5tQktSQlk/view?usp=sharing The final product (vector graphics version) YOU CAN DOWNLOAD THEM HERE!
Latest revision as of 07:57, 10 October 2017
Our logo has been designed by our dear friend and fellow member Xavier Diverres, in the early days of Hackuarium. It is available under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Switzerland (CC BY 3.0 CH) license. Please share freely but accordingly.
Not fancying himself as a graphic designer (he prefers interactions and interfaces), Xavier made a pretty good job nonetheless!
(.eps and .zip versions are coming at some point)
We wanted a water-based animal to play with the words Hackuarium / Aquarium, the octopus was chosen because he can grabs many things, the octopus is also an animal with a distributed brain: each tentacle has an independent brain, still the octopus acts as a single organism. This represents well the spirit of our community.
Base4, downloadable here at Dafont.
We first started investigating the idea of a logo and proposed it on networks at the beginning of the space. Looking at the history, it seems it has happend like this:
- Shalf posted on our Facebook page: "To make it serious we'll need a logo!"
- Yann Pierson thought: "What did the others do? If we want to be "hackers" we'll need to reach out, reach out far and a lot! What animal could be the best? An octopus! He came up with this research that showed the orientation for the "water based animals". Maybe a medusa?
- Then he designed the big black octopus picture below but as the others correctly said: "It's way too complicated" =)
- Robin posted on Faceboook again the collaborative work made over one Open Hackuarium
- So Xavier did his magic and came with the final result! It was first presented to the world here again (you guessed the medium).
Below is a full gallery of the sketches that lead to the final logo.
First came the inspiration
The following sketches were recored in the process (mostly during an Open Hackuarium).
They then took shape.
They get closer and closer to the final product(vector graphics version).