Openhackuarium vol. 136
Agenda of the General Assembly
Date: Mercredi 8 février 2017, 19h30-21h30
Date: Wednesday, February 8th 2017, 19.30-21.30
Lieu: 1er étage Ateliers de Renens, Chemin du Closel 5
Place: 1st floorAteliers de Renens, Chemin du Closel 5
Note: Cette assemblée générale sera tenue principalement en français si la majorité des membres présents n'y voit pas d'inconvénient. Tout membre est libre de parler dans sa langue de prédilection, sachant que la majorité parle français et anglais. La documentation ci-dessous est en anglais pour permettre aux participants qui ne parleraient pas le français de prendre connaissance des sujet. Si vous ne parlez pas l'anglais, n'hésitez-pas à demander une traduction de cet agenda au comité de l'association. Nous nous efforceront de répondre aux requêtes, dans la mesure de nos moyens.
Notice: This General Assembly will be mostly held in French, as long as the majority of members feels comfortable with it. If you do not speak any French, the following document contains all points at the agenda. If you have any question, please contact the committee.
- Luc as president
(Luc, 2 min)
Approval of Financial Statement + Board Discharge
|Solde du compte||3,754.95|
|Soutien aux projects||4,723.6|
|Food and Drinks||1,015.5|
|Matériel et consommables||2,568.53|
The composition of the board since the last general assembly (January 2016) was as follow:
- President & Treasurer: Luc Henry
- Secretary: Michal Masternak (resigned in June 2016)
- Lab Manager: Yann Pierson
- Information technology & Infrastructure: Sam Sulaimanov
- Art and Design coordinator: Vanessa Lorenzo
- Talent scout and evangelist: Gianpaolo Rando
- Events and coordinator: Anne-Laure Pittet
- Member: Ana Roldan
Status of UniverCité
The notes of the meeting with Benoît Dubuis, President of Inartis Foundation can be found here.
We have an open consultation in order for the board to be able to give feedback before the end of February. A meeting dedicated to this issue will be organised.
The space will probably look like this:
At this point, it is clear that Hackuarium needs to reposition itself according to the needs and vision of its community. During 1 hour, we will discuss the philosophy, the role and the format of the association and it's activities. These points were rapidly discussed at the last board meeting but the whole community needs to get involved.
We should absolutely talk about all the following points, and stick to a 1-hour discussion. Any discussion running for too long will be interrupted and another meeting planned to discuss in more details.
Collab notes can be done live together on this google doc
In this section we will discuss what is the unique philosophy of Hackuarium.
- What makes our initiatives different from other initiatives in science, education, innovation, entrepreneurship
- Why are we interested in doing the things we do the way we do them?
- Should everyone pledge to support this philosophy first, and then their personal interest?
In this section we will discuss what is the unique value proposition for Hackuarium.
- What role should the association have in this context?
- Who composes the target audience? What is the added value for individuals?
- What added value the association has for other initiatives like Octanis, Biodesign, etc.?
- Who gets the credit? This has been a major issue over the past few months and need to be clarified.
In this section we will discuss what what is the best way to reach these goals.
- Where can we best get advice on this issue? This problem has been building and killing communities in the past. Who can we contact to get some insights on best practices?
- How to have a community-driven association while ensuring that milestones are achieved? The football team vs autonomous approach?
- How to best collaborate with
- How to deal best with representation?
- Should Hackuarium have any form of central control or not? (Example: one project has a media appearance planned. Should the board member responsible for communication give a green light?)
In this section we will discuss what is the concrete actions Hackuarium members should take to fulfil the role of the association and respect its philosophical goals.
- What sort of activities should be organised by Hackuarium?
- What should be the message to the outside world (media, public)?
- Who should be responsible for these activities?
- The board thinks it is a good idea take pictures of all members and paste them on the wall to create a portfolio of participants.
- We also created a wall for tasks -> Sam can explain the concept.
- We would like to work more on common projects -> to gather members around common goals
Any project that wish to present an update should do so at this point.
New members and onboarding
- How to join?
- write to email@example.com
- read this page about joining
- pay monthly fee (20 CHF per month)
- ask for a card
- New members?
Anyone willing to join now? Go talk to Luc
(Yann P, 5min)
The composition of the board will be re-evaluated at this general assembly.
- What it means to be part of the board has to be decided by the board.
Toutes les positions sont à repourvoir. Veuillez vous annoncer auprès d'un membre du comité si vous désirez être sur la liste des candidats.
Les rôles des members du comité seront distribués à la prochaine réunion et communiqués par email à tous les membres.
We need independent (not board members) accountants to verify the association accounts for validation.