Jump to navigation Jump to search
The sterile hood is used to work on sterile conditions without the use of a flame. Usually it is useful when the biological samples are not protected by antibiotics.
- A) Work zone
- B) Ventilation
- C) Light and UV light
- 1) Always wear gloves cleaned with alcohol before working the the hood.
- 2) Turn on the ventilation.
- 3) Clean the work zone with ethanol before starting.
- 4) Clean your sample with ethanol before entering it in the hood.
- 5) You should not do rapid movements when working to keep the flow as linear as possible.
- 6) No instrument or objects depicted previously should be taken out of the hood.
- 7) No contaminated samples should be inserted in the hood. (Plates with shitty shroorms)